day: uno

Someone should perhaps write a lil handbook on 1st days- 1st day at school, 1st day of a new relationship, 1st day at work: 1st day of everything. Interested to start something on this Miko? Perhaps take some pointers on that pressie I gave ya: Handbook to Hedonism *wink*

So what do you do on the first day on the job? Sit and stare blankly at the screen? I'm no pro in that department, or anything that requires sitting still for that matter. I'm still waiting for instructions or more like a brief run through from the boss on what to do. Usually the first week is the best time where nothing much can be done. So that was my first day. Then the boss came round asking if anyone wanted a round of button bashing with him on the PS2, unfortunately that's not my thing.


I really like my new work environment - all are very friendly and are willing to show the newbie around; but all of them had no idea I was a freshie! Not until they ask for my age. Do I look that old? Tho I've been given the weird stare the moment I open my mouth (weird accent). Apparently the boss prefers me with my red specs. Hmm... I shall wear em tomorrow.

Gonna digress here for a bit. Topic: relationships - a dedication to my friends: attached and the unattached

1. Long distance relationships
What do people think of it? How do people go thru it? Met someone who's first relationship is long distance vs another who's a veteran; a drastic difference in thinking and accepting the consequences there. I have too many views on this, so I wont start. Thing is, I don't know how I'm gonna keep one up, cos communication is key and how else can you communicate without running up your phone bills and if the other half doesn't really keep you posted? Are we supposed to be mind readers? What's the best way to keep it alive when you hardly see that other person? It's a tough call. For a mushpot like me, it'll be a a challenge and a test to my lovey-dovey values.

2. Playing the Flirting Game
Should be played before + after the chase. Flirting:
- is fun, it excites you
- puts you on cloud 9
- gives you butterflies in your tummy, them good old giddy feelings
- is verbal teasing. Hmm, it could be physical too there, but how more titillating is it to verbally/visually tantalise someone without having to touch them? I shall not reveal my secrets on this *grin* Now that's what I CAN do. HA! But remember, sometimes it is you who'd have to make the first move!

3. Keeping it Alive
You see, I'm a hopeless romantic and time and time again that has been wasted on past relationships, and it's coming to the point of "am I kidding myself to want a fairytale romance?" Should I put in so much thought and planning to make an event/occassion special for the next one? Why can't everyday be special? Someone once said "if you make so many days "special" then you lose the true meaning of it". Ok I guess he had a point there, but what if you're totally smitten by the other person? Wouldn't you wanna go all out and make it matter? I don't mean giving me roses everyday, in fact that's too cliche. It's the extraordinaries, the unusual things, the unexpected, the sponteneity that mean a whole lot more. So when someone does something out of their way, appreciate + treasure it. It's not like everyday someone thinks and feels for you like that. I just like to take time away from my hectic routine and solely focus some grey matter energy (or what's left of it) into making that someone feel really special; be it a hand made, hand written personalised letter or plan a simple task of unexpected surprise - that goes to all my friends too + not just my special someone.

I should have a timer to my thoughts. I just hope those who are lucky enough to receive such attention from me to just at least appreciate it.


Comments

creme brulee said…
Carrie Bradshaw once said "I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."

I can only hope we'll all find that kinda love someday ;)
laydeh said…
Am on that mission :)

Popular Posts