i feel s l o w

i feel slow that i'm only now recapitulating my SG trip 2 wks back. it shows in my life, my job, my blog. i guess it's cos there's no new challenges for me, or hasn't been much since i started this 'neu' job. my work has consummated my life. no life after work cos all i do is that. so my daily routine is to rush home (even at ungodly hours) for a HOT LONG shower, aromatherapy burning in the background, a body scrub, a body oil + lotion session.. n crawl underneath them covers! sigh.

..... back to the sg trip. the best friend + i watched 'the devil wears prada' + heck, we both related to the movie instantly. she the banker/preferably a writer, i the designer/anything-to-do-with-planning-worker. both industries of creative work = no money unless u own your own company. we're both stuck in that rut. me = in creative industry, she = in corporate world.. we're both thinking of switching sides.

so what's the best for us? corporate vs creative worlds. what do u want? a financially stable job which u may excel in but there's that 3% less of missing passion in your work? or one that doesn't pay as well, but u love your job, and do it with 110% effort? oo its a toughie. then it narrows down to work ethics... when u see that either sides of the working worlds are pretty much the same.. politics, politics, politics, then it really doesn't matter now does it?

doesn't help when mum's car keeps dying on me. y me, o y me?
decisions indecisions . . .
do i really wanna walk away from what i do? is it really all that bad? yes + yes + yes + yes.

Comments

Jellimac said…
It's so strange how we might be switching sides in the whole career path thing! Strangely enough, though I've practically gotten my wish for a good package in a job I'd love, I'm hesitating. Maybe because the bank should get a chance? Or because I'm looking at the payoff ten years down the line?

Either way, it's a toughie. I predict: no sleep this weekend!

All the best for tomorrow's interview :)

xxx
laydeh said…
thanks babe! love ya lots. whatever it is, i think we're both making the right decisions at this point of time in our lives ;p

Popular Posts